Sag was inspired last night and he started drawing. This is not unusual. But, what he produced was. He spoke of shading and worked long and hard on this illustration of a Pokemon character (filling the whole page with color is a rarity). The character was copied from a book by hand. The landscape, as far as I know, was self-created.
It was a privilege to watch a being growing and making a leap right before my eyes.
Pokemon is his muse, his 'learning all the time' life has provided years of hands-on training, but I think the art class the kids are taking right now combined with where he is developmentally have provided the critical spark to lift his creative performance to the next level.
He was very proud of this work and asked me to scan it and post it to the blog.

Wow, this is wonderful!Tell Sag he did a great job!
ReplyDeleteI have a Gem original poster hanging in my apartment and I'm still hoping that one day I get a Sag original drawing to also hang. No pressure just a little nudge :-)