• strategy, sportsmanship, kindness, flexibility, fairness, patience, delaying gratification
• "penmanship", composition, dictation, gratitude, appreciation, follow through, better-late-than-never
• clear and sweep the floor first, use warm water, squeeze excess water out, get down on your hands and knees, rinse and squeeze again, all hands on deck.
Some things I learned today:
• adding structure means I need to do some actual planning.
• adding structure brings out a knee-jerk controlling response in me that I do not like and need to examine and figure out.
We also read aloud (The Middle Moffat had us laughing uproariously, tears streaming down my cheeks), read quietly (the kids are tearing through their Mr. Men collection), wrote our 'Morning Pages', 'played' Personal Trainer Math on the DS (it's starting to sink in for Sag that he actually has to learn the Math facts he doesn't know in order to advance through the levels, as opposed to, asking for the answers as he plays), took a scoot/stroll around the block soaking in the glorious early Fall weather, and made a record-keeping chart for the new chores-for-cash program we're beta testing.
Some things I learned today:
• adding structure means I need to do some actual planning.
• adding structure brings out a knee-jerk controlling response in me that I do not like and need to examine and figure out.
We also read aloud (The Middle Moffat had us laughing uproariously, tears streaming down my cheeks), read quietly (the kids are tearing through their Mr. Men collection), wrote our 'Morning Pages', 'played' Personal Trainer Math on the DS (it's starting to sink in for Sag that he actually has to learn the Math facts he doesn't know in order to advance through the levels, as opposed to, asking for the answers as he plays), took a scoot/stroll around the block soaking in the glorious early Fall weather, and made a record-keeping chart for the new chores-for-cash program we're beta testing.
No comments:
Post a Comment