This blog is falling by the wayside a bit. Time is...in short supply, fleeting, evaporating...
For now, I leave you with a shot of our now festive looking front room. I was reminded once again how palpably different 8 and 9 is from 7 and 8. The kids are rapidly morphing into more independent, more developmentally authentic versions of themselves (they are in a clear progressive, as opposed to, regressive arc of the spiral of growth).
They were fully active participants in putting up the tree with Cap yesterday afternoon. Then, Cap left for work promising to put up the lights at a later time. A few hours later, as I puttered in the kitchen making dinner, the kids hung the lights themselves.
It's nice to reap the benefits of their initiative and their DIYness...when their actions move beyond their own circles of existence and affect those in community with and around them. It's been a slow process...waiting for their awareness of what they're capable of and what they can do to help and share with others, to seed, sprout, and begin to grow.
how to read like a ’90s mom
3 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment