
I truly do learn something new every day. Sometimes I'm not immediately aware of it, sometimes it bonks me on the head.

Recently we were at the home of friends and I learned about two games for the DS that these friends had: Personal Trainer Math and Personal Trainer Cooking.
I haven't explored the educational software delivery possibilities of the DS very much. But, lately, Sag asks for Math and more Math when we sit down together. I put the proverbial 2 and 2 together and decided to order the Personal Trainer Math game.
(In the next few weeks I will be assessing the kids' Math knowledge and choosing skills and pieces to target for teaching/learning during the Fall. I'm going to check
these assessments out as a starting point.)

In the meantime, this kid is enjoying Math via
Personal Trainer Math,
Timez Attack, playing school with (my) hastily scribbled worksheets which he insists I letter grade, figuring out how to spend his allowance or how soon till he can do screen time, and our wide selection of board and card games.
No comments:
Post a Comment