When Sag showed this to me, my world turned tangerine orange, full to the brim with delight. His demo of the dance was pretty awesome, too. Complete with song bit :-)
how to read like a ’90s mom
3 weeks ago
Photo heavy posts about 'family life' as it pertains to the kids can now be viewed at a private blog that is invitation only. If you would like an invitation, please send me an e-mail or leave me a comment.
oh how i wish i could've been there... B
ReplyDeleteYes, I also wish I could have seen the live version :-)
ReplyDeleteWhat an awesome drawing!! I wish my kids drew. Way to go!
ReplyDeleteI was lucky to be here to see it :-)
ReplyDeleteJennifer, your comment strikes a chord of resonance... I also have things I wish my kids did (which is natural, I think)...the one that often comes up for me is playing an instrument.
Last night, it hit me that the underlying aspects I wish for them in learning how to play an instrument are:
* to have a deep connection to something they can use to express themselves non-verbally and unconsciously (as well as consciously)
* to have a passion that could draw them into a like minded/like doing community
* to have a way to share and communicate and tell stories to others...to affect others in a meaningful and positive and creative way
And then, boom, it hit me. Sag has this already...his instrument is his art, specifically drawing.
I think you are exactly right!
ReplyDelete