Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Amazing Race

the first two teams to depart this afternoon.

The kids are really into The Amazing Race right now.  They've been watching it with me the last 2-3 seasons and we love it.  This season, Sag's favorites are Brent and Caite and Gem's and my favorites are the Cowboys.

Geography/world studies has been a focus of study for the kids with Cap for over a year now.  When the kids started playing Amazing Race with their Ugly dolls yesterday, I could see how it blended these two things in a very fun and meaningful way.

The race began in London, England (they are taking turns choosing countries to race to) and locales to follow were: Kazakhstan, Japan, Brazil, and the Galapagos Islands.

Today, they are doing a mash up and the racers headed to Mario and Sonic's Winter Olympics world.  Pictured above are the first two teams to depart :-)

At their request, I ordered the first disc of the first season of Amazing Race.  It arrived today.  (I was not an early adopter and have never seen the first season though I do know who wins.)

No comments:

Post a Comment