Saturday, April 10, 2010

Healing

keepin' it in the family

Gem now has the fevery-cough bug that Sag had last weekend into this week.  Last night as he was getting ready for bed the coughing was gaining an earnest foothold and my mind began to click through the possibilities.

Cough medicine, ohmigod, no.  Hot toddy, we don't drink and don't keep alcohol in the apartment, so no.  Essential oils, yes.

I dug out the lemon eucalyptus blend, dropped some into my hands and rubbed to warm it up.  Took a sniff and, ew, it had gone bad.  I remembered the bottle of lemongrass, which I think was older, but somehow, that was fine (maybe because it wasn't in a carrier oil?  maybe because it hasn't been opened as much?)

I dropped some into a small plate of olive oil and then rubbed some onto my palms.  Perfect.

Gem didn't want me to rub it onto his chest, but he did inhale deeply over and over again.  And felt his passages relax and open.  Then fell asleep.

He's coughing this morning, but slept through the night, which is the best medicine of all.  I'm taking him to Vinny this afternoon, he should be back to himself soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment