Sag downloaded the instructions for building a Lego skeeball set. I hear the sounds of Lego being moved about as the search for the desired pieces begins.
Yesterday I had the rare pleasure of a solo library jaunt.
It was sad to see how overrun they were at the main desk. State budget cuts have forced our library, which is usually open 7 days a week, to be closed on Mondays. By the time I got there it was around 6pm and they were still scrambling from the volume of returned and reserved books they had to process.
Because I have enough books for myself, and now that I'm doing Netflix again, have a steady stream of movies at my disposal, I went up to the Children's floor. It was wonderful to slowly wander through the fiction shelves looking for titles that might interest the kids.
Gem read The Fantastic Mister Fox by Roald Dahl in one sitting this afternoon and is now reading The Man In The Ceiling by Jules Feiffer. (He thought it was pretty cool to find a very local reference in the book, one I didn't know about when I selected the book.)
Other books picked up last night: Hardy Boys #2 (they didn't have #1 which I requested online when I got home), three Matt Christopher books, two about baseball and the other about bicycling and the Olympics, Rufus M. (of The Moffats), Poppy by Avi, a Choose Your Own Adventure book featuring the Abominable Snowman, The BFG (another by Roald Dahl) and two classics in large hardcover with beautiful illustrations: Johnny Tremain and The Adventures of Pinocchio.
Love the library. LOVE.
No comments:
Post a Comment