Monday, February 8, 2010

Game night

 
Last night we pulled out Monopoly, Gem's choice.  Cap didn't play because he had a mountain of mess to tackle in the kitchen after making us a delicious dinner of fried cod and mashed potatoes.  (The general rule in our home is the cook cleans up.)  Our board is ancient and 'well loved'.  I don't remember where it came from, but it came to use secondhand, at least.  I had to perform some duct tape surgery on it before we could start playing.  :-)






The Super Bowl was on.  The commercials were most entertaining for the kids, the end of the game was exciting for the grown ups, and sadly, the halftime show was really kind of a dud for us.

A vote was taken and it was decided to continue the game today.  So, sometime after shopping for ingredients for Huancaína sauce and doing some work (V's got a pile of homework, the kids have thank you cards, I've got quite the backlog of household accounting...), we'll hit the board once again.

2 comments:

  1. We watched the game with my sister. Very fun! The Who, very sad... The commercials, interesting commentaries on American manhood (i.e., sad).
    ~B

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been so on my mind...I am sorry I haven't called. Soon, soon...hope you are feeling better and feel my love despite lax communication ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete