trio.
Today began with a trip to our family physician who confirmed what I thought might be: Sag has strep throat. Fortunately, it was caught early/is not such a severe case and he is pretty comfortable.
We stopped in at the book store, conveniently located right next door to the doctor's office, and looked for some birthday books for the kids' second cousins. The kids found something for themselves, too.
Then it was on to the drugstore for antibiotics and sundry items. Waiting for a prescription, even for ten minutes, is dangerous...one can always find "a few things" to pick up at the drugstore.
The children practiced some patience when I decided to get lunch for myself at a Turkish spot right around the corner. A number of people have raved about this eatery and I was in the mood for baba ganoush. I had to settle for a veggie pocket featuring eggplant. Once the kids saw what I was getting they didn't complain :-)
The afternoon was quiet. Wii and King Fu Panda. Then, we went out back for some baseball. The kids have adapted the game to fit their needs. For example, if they get on base, they have ghost runners take over so they can bat again. And, if you hit a home run, it counts as an out as well, "to accelerate the game". They had a blast and I had a lot of fun watching.
Now, as day turns to dusk the three of us are quiet again, inside.
Sag is reading the book they got today. We have plans to see the movie on Friday with friends.
Gem is doing crossword puzzles on the DS. I am doing something that's semi-secret (clue in top pic :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment