Our playdate with Angela and her kids had been canceled due to "sick-kid" and so the morning lay ahead of us in clean quiet. (The living room and the kids' room had been picked up and vacuumed last night, ahhh :-)
I suggested game playing and the boys jumped on Wacky Words. They love this game, a gift from Mummu ("grandma" in Finnish). To my delight, they played this on their own, asking me only to be the "judge", which I could do while I knit.
Bananagrams followed and I was again delighted by their desire to play on their own. This is a game that I love, too, a gift from Jamie, godmother extraordinaire. I continued knitting at close range, watching and listening to how they handled themselves. Sag traditionally is an underdog in most games and he does not like that position. But, today, he was up for the challenge and was happy. I helped him a tiny bit once or twice to be a support, but honestly, I'm not sure he needed it/me.
(Just to be school-y I had them write their words and put them in their Spelling binders that Cap made for them the other day.)
The third game they chose was a new one. Cogno, a Christmas gift from Mummu, which was still in its wrapper. What an awesome game about aliens and space/science concepts!
reading.
thinking.
a colorful board with diverse yet cohesive elements.
(parallel universe board not pictured :-)
and look who won with no help from anyone, thank you very much!
No comments:
Post a Comment