Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Milestone

I ♥ our Japanese nail clipper.

Sag just came out of bed and said he needed his nails cut.  His nails grow super fast.  I'd say he gets it from me, except I think his nails grow even faster than mine do.

I asked him to get the nail clippers down from the mantel and before I could say "let me finish my row" (you knitters know what I'm talking about :-) he began clipping his own nails.  For the first time.

He is right-handed and so when it came time to do the deed left-handed, he intuitively came onto my lap.  He folded one leg underneath him and calmly continued on the rougher terrain.

This self-care task has long (years and years) been fraught with high tension.  You would swear he felt pain from the clipper's edge approaching his tender nail beds.

And just like that, he starts doing it himself.  With a little lap support from mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment