Friday, March 12, 2010

Risk


The kids and I went to a homeschoolers gathering at the library of a neighboring town.  We each had a really good time.  It was serendipitous.

Cap has been talking about the game of Risk to the kids for awhile now.  He has been looking for an old school version of it and was recently disappointed when a set he ordered through our comic book store turned out to be not what he wanted.

The kids were delighted to find the game (a newer version) at today's gathering.  I wish I had brought my camera.  They played with three other boys for an hour and a half, completely engrossed and entertained.  (Sag bowed out after awhile but watched and built with Lego nearby.)  They knew one of these boys from art class, but were meeting the other two boys for the first time.

I knew the Universe was in alignment for them (particularly for Gem) because when I had to run out to feed the meter, they were quite happy to stay put without me.

For me, it was good to hang out with friends and peers.

No comments:

Post a Comment